Barrys Blog

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Technology Fest

Remember last Blog when I mentioned my new TV - well I colleced it from Sony this week and now it is sitting proudly in my lounge and it's great! I must admit its taking a bit of getting used to withe regard to the size of the set, but so did the 32" TV that I had before - and they say size doesn't make a difference eh... it's a bit like being at the IMAX at the moment.

As I write I have only just started to set it up - as you can imagine there are a lot of controls to fiddle with and the decision now is what is the best way of connecting up my DVD player, Recorder and media streamer. Its a bit frustrating really as since I had it on Thursday night I have been busy doing other stuff including going to see Kate Rusby in concert ( she would have been really disappointed if I hadn't gone) and getting ready for the air show this weekend.

Just seen Boff's Blog and it looks like he has just had a 60 GB Video IPOD, well it is my Birthday next week and I know that Carol has been ordering "stuff" on Amazon etc, so it looks like I might be getting one too. In fact in a totally unconnected action I am re burning my favouite CD's at a higher bit rate - just in case.

Weather is good this weekend and we have lots to do including sorting out our new Bank account (yawn). Finally and perhaps most significantly it was our wedding anniversary on Friday 14th July. 22 years of marriage and I have known Carol for almost 29 years. I could make all of the cliched remarks about it seeming like only yesterday etc - but it is true and I look forward the next 22 years and the next ... and the next....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home