Barrys Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Delivery Delays, interesting visits and an unexpected windfall


I ordered a smart little gadget on Tuesday its a Kenwood Music Keg which will connect to my Kenwood CD reciever in the car and allow me access to 10GByte of MP3 files. The problem is getting it delivered and I am currently locking horns with Pixmania on this.

Friday I had confirmation that I would get some "overtime" payment for Romania - it works a strange way in Arup you actually recieve an ex gratia payment because at my grade I don't get paid overtime. The £1900 will come in very handy though!

Friday was an interesting day for another reason. I got to take a trip around the BBC as we had to do an audit of the building services. Saw a few well known faces and what was particularly useful was that they even offered us an alternative form of transport back home on Friday night.

So this blog is being sent by thought process onto a Pentium 500 with 600 Terrabytes of Ram and a HSB connection (Human Serial Bus). Think that I will have to go back to 2005 tomorrow as everyone around me are old buggers - no change there then!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home