Barrys Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2005

This week - back at work


Wasn't really looking forward to going back to work this week after my enforced "break" but it wasn't too bad. After the events of the week before some good news - I have collected my new car and it's great! I have already done around 500 miles in it and it drives really well. The trip computer says that I am getting a little over 40 mpg on a run with the car beween 75-80 mph which for a 2.2 Litre petrol car is very good. I now realise all of the comforts that I didn't have on the old car like the a/c (which had broken 18 months ago) heater (stopped working recently) as welll as lots of rattles and bumps that aren't there with the new car.

This weekend I am fitting a tow bar and installing my handsfreee kit for my mobile as I won't be going sailing this weekend. My crew member Elaine banged her head last week on the boom and it still is feeling a bit bruised and painful apparently.

The solicitors have made contact with us now and they have our case to pursue with the Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB) - so far they seem generally quite efficient.There are some out of pocket expenses that we need to get back and we are saving all of the receipts for these.

The old car has been written off - much as I expected it to be. The assessor has given us a value £2076 (strange figure) for the car which is unbelievable given the mileage and general condition of the car - but I'm not complaining...

So a busy day today with a few things to do in WSM first like paying th holiday balance collecting some new furniture and bits and pieces for the car.

See Ya.

1 Comments:

Blogger RedBreva said...

Excuse me sir,
Could you please confirm which public roads you were driving at 75 to 80 MPH, so we could complete the details of the "self assesment speeding fine" before sending it out to you...

H.M.Police Force

1:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home