Barrys Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Level 2 RYA Certificate

I have now received my Royal Yachting Association (RYA) level 2 certificate following the course I attended. I managed a respectable 85% in the written test but of course the important part of sailing is out there on the water.

Saturdays seem to fly by as I am out most of the afternoon at Durleigh. I certainly feel a lot more comfortable in the boat now things are falling to hand better and if I do make a mistake the recovery time is quicker.

That's the nice bit but on the work front things are starting to get busy again. I am waiting to know if I will be going to Romania ( or maybe Moscow) for a week or two soon perhaps the week after next.

Listened to the James Blunt CD this weekend and was mightily impressed - not a bad track on the CD in MHO.

Early yet, but thinking about a winter activity - perhaps a course at the local Tech. At the moment it's a toss up between


1. Day skipper Course - Navigation etc evening class over 24 weeks!!

2. Adobe Photoshop

3. Photography Course - City and Guilds or something like that

The idea is to keep me busy and out of the way whilst Carol is studying for her final year. - I'll let you know what I decide...

Oh and BTW the trailer project is almost complete -due for her maiden voyage anytime soon and perhaps some pictures on the site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home