Barrys Blog

Sunday, March 09, 2008

See The Pyramids along the Nile...

 

Watch the Sunrise on a tropic Isle ( Lyrics from a song by Patsy Cline/Kate Rusby), well not quite this year but we are going to Egypt for our holidays. The trip comprises a 5* Nile Cruise for 7 nights and 5* accommodation in the Grand Hyatt Cairo for 3 nights. We fly out on the 3rd November and get back into the cold UK weather around the 13th. Can't wait but have to I'm afraid.

The sailing season is fast approaching and although it's raining at the time I'm writing this preparations are already underway for the season. The boat had suffered a little less than I expected but more than I would have hoped as there was a fair bit of standing water in the hull. The worst "damage" was to the deck and here the varnish had started to bubble and flake due to water ingress. Over the past 2 weeks I have been stripping of the varnish using a chemical stripper and sanding it down. I have bought some proper Yacht varnish and now have just completed my 5th coat on the boat. I must confess its starting to look quite good now.

The new sails I bought need to have the boat numbers attached and this is planned for next week when I hope to be back in Bristol. Work has been really busy again the last few weeks so it's been difficult to get jobs done at home - mainly because I haven't been there!!

Due to go back down Cornwall tonight for 2 days and London at the end of the week.

Carol is getting on well with her new job and has been to a couple of training courses recently one of them in London - quite the traveller.

Not many photography opportunities yet but I have used my G9 a bit and its proving very handy to carry around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home