Barrys Blog

Monday, July 30, 2007

It's that time of the year again

When your birthday arrives now it's not quite as welcome as it was when you were a child but you do get the chance to celebrate it the way you want it. It was technically Monday but I decided that I would bring it forward a few days and celebrated it over the Saturday and Sunday (as per my previous blog). The curry  was particularly good and the beer too and we shared the experience with our friends Janet and Andy. 

Remember also I said that I wanted and flashgun and a battery grip for my new camera - well guess what Carol bought me both of them. I was particularly impressed with her choice of flash gun especially for a non techie.

What I didn't mention - because it hadn't happened at the time - was that I got wet again. Capsizing once is bad luck, but the second time is getting a bad habit. This time it was slightly more difficult as the mast got stuck in the mud and righting the boat was much more difficult. Still we managed it and sailed back on the jib sail.

The benefit of posting two blogs at around the same time is that I can repeat how proud I am of Carol passing her exams. Pressie time I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home