Barrys Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunshine, boats and Squash

Well it looks like the Summer is finally starting to arrive and as I write this it's set to be fair for today - so long as it doesn't thunder. Again and as usual its been a while since I last blogged (sounds like a confessional) as there hasn't really been much to talk about.

Following a really good days sailing last week I decided that I might look toward upgrading my boat- nothing wrong with the old one mind you but there you go. I saw a Comet Duo advertised in the internet classifieds and called them to find out that it was still for sale and quite local too. Well it was a week of anticipation until Saturday when I saw the boat and was frankly very disapointed as it was a particularly poor example of the Marque and quite expensive too, so it looks like sticking with the Miracle for a while yet.

Squash is a hot & tiring game this time of year but it doesn't stop Tony and I playing though. The issue here though has been the problem with getting a 5.20 pm court at the local leisure centre where there seems to be a local arangement to close early on Saturday evenings. A slightly protracted round of emails to the Council seems to have fixed that and now (amazingly) the courts are bookable at 5.20 pm.

There is a short but busy week coming up as Carol and I are going away this weekend for a few days. Obviously I can't say what is happening here but you can catch it on the next blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home