Barrys Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2007

I can see clearly now...

That I have my new glasses. They have made quite a difference too - much more than I thought they would, it just goes to show how your eyes deteriorate so gradually over time. It was the case that I kept getting really sore eyes amd headaches if read or looked at the PC for a long time but this seems much better now. Can't blame my poor eyesight on the "bad spellink" now.

The last few weekeends have been a scene of some activity around our trailer tent which I bought down from its winter storage in the Midlands a few weeks ago. It was in sorry state having been neglected for the past 2 years and needed a bit of TLC which it got. Now its fit for the road and we are going to use it in the next few weeks to spend a weekend near Branscombe (yes it's the place where they found the motorbikes on the beach)

Next weekend though its the Sound of Music on Frdiay night and as part of the weekend stop over in the city wer'e off to see the Renoir collection at the National Gallery, sorted the tickets out yesterday for that. Of course it's the Bank Holiday weekend too and I will be on duty as Assistant Boat Safety Officer (ASBO) which is the guy with the job of preventing the the SBO getting bored by providing useful and stimulating verbal exchanges - oh and helping to rescue people as well.

Finally got my broadband. Even at the time of connection there was a delay, I rushed home on the evening of the 16th April to discover that I wasn't connected and when I spoke to the tech support guy at Newnet he said the problem was that there was a mismatch between two servers on their system!!! I've heard that one once or twice before. Anyway they said they would fix it the next day and true to their word they called me at 09.15 am to say it was sorted. The new service (so far) is really great even compared with Nildram and the hatred and loathing of Sky is starting to be forgotten (almost).

Finally bought a book on Adobe Lightroom today to try and learn a little about Digital workflow management - doesn't get better than this eh...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home